ISO & TS Training
ISO 9000 - Quality management
The ISO 9000 family addresses various aspects of quality management and contains some of ISO best known standards. The standards provide guidance and tools for companies and organizations who want to ensure that their products and services consistently meet customers requirements, and that quality is consistently improved.
Standards in the ISO 9000 family include:
ISO 9001:2015 sets out the criteria for a quality management system and is the only standard in the family that can be certified to (although this is not a requirement). It can be used by any organization, large or small, regardless of its field of activity. In fact, there are over one million companies and organizations in over 170 countries certified to ISO 9001.
This standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement. These principles are explained in more detail in the pdf Quality Management Principles. Using ISO 9001:2015 helps ensure that customers get consistent, good quality products and services, which in turn brings many business benefits.
- ISO 9001:2015 - sets out the requirements of a quality management system
- ISO 9000:2015 - covers the basic concepts and language
- ISO 9004:2009 - focuses on how to make a quality management system more efficient and effective
- ISO 19011:2011 - sets out guidance on internal and external audits of quality management systems.
- ISO/TS 16949:2009, in conjunction with ISO 9001:2008, defines the quality management system requirements for the design and development, production and, when relevant, installation and service of automotive-related products. ISO/TS 16949:2009 is applicable to sites of the organization where customer-specified parts, for production and/or service, are manufactured. Supporting functions, whether on-site or remote (such as design centres, corporate headquarters and distribution centres), form part of the site audit as they support the site, but cannot obtain stand-alone certification to ISO/TS 16949:2009. ISO/TS 16949:2009 can be applied throughout the automotive supply chain.
- ISO/TS 16949 was prepared by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF), with support from ISO/TC 176, Quality management and quality assurance. This third edition of ISO/TS 16949 cancels and replaces the second edition (ISO/TS 16949:2002), which has been technically amended according to ISO 9001:2008. Boxed text is original ISO 9001:2008 text. The sector-specific supplemental requirements are outside the boxes. In this Technical Specification, the word shall indicates a requirement. The word should indicates a recommendation. Paragraphs marked NOTE are for guidance in understanding or clarifying the associated requirement. Where the term such as is used, any suggestions given are for guidance only. Annex A forms a normative part of this Technical Specification.